A & J Robertson (Granite) Ltd
trading as Robertson Granite, Robertson Memorials, Tayside Memorials, James Dowell & Son, E M Lander, Beattie Memorials, Robertson Fireplaces, Montrose Stove & Fireplace Centre, Inverurie Fireplace Centre
A & J Robertson (Granite) Ltd takes privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us in your trade account form or otherwise and that we obtain through third party sources, including how we share it with third parties.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your trade account facility;
- to process orders from you for goods or services;
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- for the purposes of any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any of the products we supply to you;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- to provide you with details of our product ranges, services and promotions;
- to notify you of changes to what we do;
- to make checks of credit reference agencies from time to time (for example, when you complete your trade application form, or if you want to amend your credit limit); and
- for the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as business partners (including printing and marketing agents, credit reference agencies and trading agents), fraud sharing organisations, and to other companies in our group, in each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or trading and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of A & J Robertson (Granite) Ltd, our staff, our customers or others;
- in response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator); or
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided in your trade application form from credit references and tracing agents.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information is that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to provide details of our new product ranges and services and exciting promotional offers. If you do not want to be contacted in this way, please contact email@example.com.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- request us to correct inaccurate personal information;
- request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances;
- receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party;
- object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds;
- object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you; and
- lodge a complaint with the UK Commissioner's Office.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Company Secretary, A & J Robertson (Granite) Ltd, Silvertrees Drive, Westhill, AB32 6BH.